Thursday, August 2, 2007

I woke up this morning.....

and it didn't seem like a bad dream anymore. Everyday I have woken up since diagnosis I have asked myself, "Is this really real?" and then I answer myself, "Yep, butt cancer. Fun times." Then, I go along my day trying to live WITH cancer, rather than against it, for it, about it, etc. My projects, outside of scrapbooking, have fallen to the side, my garage is a MESS, my study is piling up with papers, etc. This morning it was different. This morning I woke up, checked the sunrise, smelled behind my boys ears, and when I asked myself the question, "Is this really real?" I answered the same, but this time I answered, "Yep, butt cancer, but I got CRAP to do." Pun not intended, but it is ironic how much the average person (even one without butt cancer) refers to poop. Anyway, I am now in my study, plowing through my inbox, organizing my piles of projects, recycling, tossing, and making tidy what once was a power house of a room. A little part of me is back this morning. I missed it. Have a great day, Ang

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie.

What WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!
I knew that your stamina would get you through this. Am so Happy to hear the good report and the tumor is shrinking.
Keep up the good work.

Love
Peggy Smith

John & Trina said...

Great! Doesn't it feel great to be doing your own organizing "stuff" ?by the way...we'll be over with our camping chairs and our Dr. Pepper( or maybe a Mike's) to watch the garage show! Loveya, Manca J T

Unknown said...

Dear Angie, How wonderful you have reclaimed a little of your life. Clearing clutter in your mind and your desk. I remember cleaning mine and only putting on it what meant love and made me smile. How similar all our experiences are going through this time. Love Elaine