Wednesday, October 10, 2007

PET Scan tomorrow

While the insurance finally came through and we got everything scheduled. Unfortunately, everything will not happen this week. So, my PET is tomorrow and my appointments with my Colon/Rectal surgeon and Radiation Oncologist are Friday the 19th. See, I can't see the doctors until two days after the PET which would be Monday, right? Well, Monday is chemo and I really can't take two rectal exams and chemo in the same day. That would put anyone over the edge. So, I will meet with them on the 19th. They will then discuss with me, discuss with themselves, and, I imagine, have my plan on the week of the 22nd. I love how they include me in the discussion about my care. I find it hilarious. Remember, I thought I had hemorrhoids.....yep, me the MD. I just say, "You tell me what you would do if it were you, but remember, I am strong and stubborn as an ox." (Thanks Grandma!) So, there is the update, and here is the latest Mason story. Yesterday, I had his peanut butter and jelly sandwich ready for him when he arrived home after preschool. I told him to wash his hands which he refused. I told him again as he is heading for the sandwich. I told him again as he is getting on the chair. Then, I nicely redirected him to the sink where he lost his mind and started yelling, "There is a bug on my sandwich and he is going to poop on it!" I answered laughing, "I don't think we need to worry about bug poop..." Anyway, he is still alive today, so I think bug poop is on the "okay to eat list". I don't even know where he got the term, "bug poop". Oh well, the mind of a two year old. Y'gotta LOVE IT!!!!!! Love, me

3 comments:

Myrna said...

Angie, you could EASILY have been a world-renowned stand-up comic. I would pay money to listen to you and your stories! Love to you...

Anonymous said...

Mason first: A long time ago when I was in Army Medical Corps basic training I learned about the power of the house fly to spread disease. A Proctologist would be unable to perform a rectal exam on your common house fly, because they don't have one. They eliminate waste by regurgitating it. So Mason is right, do not voluntarily eat fly vomit.
For You: the first thing that comes to mind when you talk of 2 rectal exams and chemo in the same day is a Clarno trifecta. Always blazing new ground. As for participating in the decision making process remember that the most important vote is held by the person sitting in your chair. YOU are the decider in Chief, it is somewhat like being President, you listen to the experts and then decide. Take strength from the fact that most of the time you have good judgement (except when it comes to "bug poop")
Love to you and yours pat&mag.

Anonymous said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! The world does revolve around poop. Let's write a book. "Everything I've learned I learned from poop." Deal? Sleep on it. We'll talk about it tomorrow. ;-)