Monday, September 8, 2008

Ready to go...

Time has marched along. I have stocked the house, cleaned the house, attended school orientations, gone camping for the last time this season, ate too much ice cream (including a cone with Emma at 10am during the farmer's market in Sequim just because they were open), and drank too many iced drinks (mochas, coke, water, gin and tonics, mint juleps, smoothies, even a daiquiri which I don't even really like) just because I could. Now, after tonight, my time is up and my diet begins. I am fat and happy, but sad the time didn't last longer. Hopefully, chemo will go as quickly and I will get my break again. Maybe, if everything goes as planned, I will be in remission again. The best Christmas present ever. I can only follow the rules, hope, and pray. I start tomorrow morning - bright and early - hopefully I will see the sunrise. I wanted to tell my story about the lung biopsy, but I am going to wait - it is hilarious and it needs it time to shine. I want today for me and the boys. Have a great week. I will be fine. Well taken care of and highly monitored. If you are not doing anything tomorrow morning, come visit me. I will be on house arrest from 9:30 to 12:00 and then I fall asleep for the last bit. As always, third floor of the Cancer Center (Arnold building). Take care - talk soon, Ang

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, Ready, Set, Pray! We are all praying for you. I have my kids praying for you too.
Today is gorgeous and I hope you are enjoying this day with your boys. I pray you get to see the sunrise tomorrow and it will fill you with peace and HOPE!
You are amazing and you are going to do great. You have such a great attitude that inspires us all. I wish I could come visit you tomorrow but since we haven't met really, it might be kind of wierd. Sending lots of pixie dust and prayers!!!!
Love from your unmet friend

Anonymous said...

Hope you were able to rest well this afternoon, My thoughts have been with you all day today. Love Jane