Friday, April 18, 2008

Thankful again...

Yesterday, I was doctor's appointments that I have to go to now that I am out of treatment - the dentist, the dermatologist, the endo lady, etc. See all "those" appointments take a back seat to cancer, then, when you get a rest you get to do all of those again. I was feeling a bit sorry for myself as I am a tad tired of the doctor gig, but then I looked at my kids. We were in the field. Mason driving his truck - "four wheeling" - and Nolan the happy passenger. I thought about all the appointments I had to do just to get them. Seven years to have two kids. Endless amounts of money (and I had insurance to cover part of it); endless amount of time, but I got them - my two precious and perfect boys. Then I think about the last 10 months - endless amounts of time and effort for so many people, but I had yesterday and today, and probably tomorrow. Thank goodness I living here in a country with such great docs, great insurance, great family, and great friends that is tranquil enough to allow me to heal. Enjoy your weekend, Ang

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ain't it the truth? We are all so fortunate to be here today, with the friends and family and truly great lives that we all have (and sometimes--too easily--take for granted). Thanks to you for reminding us of what is important, babe. You're a tremendous friend.