Monday, August 10, 2015

So this is what summer is....

The last few weeks have been filled with great stuff.  Mason went to his first overnight adventure camp.  He dumped me like a hot potato....just the Mom.  He was very respectful and kind but he really was ready.  He grew that week.  Like really grew!  We went to the San Juans.  San Juan Island and Lopez with all of Grant's old coworkers (that camp).  The picture is from Lopez. My big blunder was tracking the weather on Vashon Island.  For those of you that do not know, Vashon is really South from the San Juans.  Luckily, I sent the boys with enough clothes, but I am now the proud owner of a Friday Harbor Whale Museum Jacket.  Stylin!  Right now, I am sitting at the pool with what I kindly refer to as my Village:  Mason, Nolan, Kyle and Hunter.  Hey are running past playing something between tag and hide and go seek and soaking (sp). Pretty sure someone should be disciplining them...

One thing that Grant and I did was go up to Kelowna and spend three nights with Rob, Jen, and the girls.  It was Rob's first of six sessions of chemo for stage three rectal cancer.  Chemo was actually postponed because of a schedule mess up but it gave us a day to play.  I shopped with Jen and Nadia and we got our toes done.  The boys got haircuts.  And we ate amazing burgers and drank beer the night before chemo.  The next day everything went as well as it could.
Robin did amazing....wait, boys were disciplined!  Whew, I can stop hidding by the tennis courts.....okay back to Robin, did great and still stubborn which is an asset.  When Grant and I left the next day, I had pretty toes, a new flashy Orange purse, and a lot of weight off my heart.  He is going to be okay.  They are going to be okay.  Five treatments to go.  Exhale.

All my love, Ang

No comments: