Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Great weekend, now back to Mom and Dad's

Not that that is bad!!! So, Monday morning Grant helped me pack up the boys and I returned to Mom and Dad's. The boys were actually happy to return as they missed Grandma and Grandpa a lot and Mason was happy to help drive the tractor with Grandpa. The reason I have to return is that I cannot lift Nolan for at least two more weeks. Actually, not until the end of June, if you want to get technical about it, but the surgeon said I was doing so well that he thought I would be out of the woods by June 23rd, which is good because I lose Karissa as of the 18th and my parents will be done with me and the kids by then. Plus, there is a camping trip the last weekend in June that we have been reserved for with our church for NINE MONTHS and we are going!!!!!!!!! So, the 23rd works for me. So, we will be bouncing around for a little bit more until we return for good on the 19th. As for me, I am doing well. Things are healing. I went to Mommy and Me class with Nolan today (Karissa in tow for support) and Nolan ripped on my shoulder real good only reminding me that I am not 100%. I meet with my oncologist on Thursday morning for (hopefully) my walking papers. I will see how much he will want to see me through the summer, etc. I am crossing my fingers that he is not going to propose another form of treatment. I can't imagine that with such a good outcome on the surgeries. I can't think of what he would want to do to me at least, not right now. I just want to be done for the summer. I want to go to Legoland with the kids and a spa with my friends. I want to be alone with my kids in my house being a normal, crazed Mommy of a 2 and a 4 year old. I want to have dinner on the patio, watch the sunrise, go camping, and I want to do it without cancer. That is my goal and that is what I think about most every second. Love, Ang

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please give yourself permission to not think - even if only for a minute at a time. Give yourself a well deserved break. Relax and enjoy. Look for a hummingbird!!!!

Dawn Finlayson said...

Here's to hoping your wish will come true! Dawn

Joanne Gates said...

Hoping that your dream is fulfilled and that you are able to enjoy the summer exactly like you've written. I'll be sending you my best thoughts. Fingers and toes crossed for you (all).

Anonymous said...

all is good aunt angie you have no worries things are all cleared up and you guys can come see me in the summer. stay healthy stay strong love your nephew GREG

laurie@duncancleary.com said...

OK, I'm not afraid to say that you are a NUT JOB for planning on camping in a couple of weeks. But seeing as I was one of the friends who gave you camping equipment for your wedding, I should have seen it coming. I wish you speedy healing so that you may enjoy that Legoland trip (went to the mini Legoland in Chicago last week for Duncan's birthday and it ROCKED). And I expect to be invited to Spa-land. Right? Love you (and big Elena sends love too-she's here visiting),
Laurie