Thursday, January 22, 2009

The train wreck continues....

Monday I was in bed all day with the cold the just wouldn't seem to end. Tuesday I packed us down to my parents. Mason went to Preschool. Nolan didn't because of diarrhea. I watched the inauguration all day and during lunch I realized my upper molars were killing me. Sinus Infection. So, because the last time I called my oncologist for this the one kinda mean nurse said, "You really need to go to your primary for that, but if they can't see you soon, we can do it for you.". So, I called my primary, went in, got an Rx, called my oncologist to advise, and the nice nurse said, "We could have done that over the phone for you." Of course, YOU would. I guess I will have to find the real story from my oncologist on Tuesday. Nolan was on the mend, Mason was fine, and Grant was to join us at my parents and bring dinner until he started puking. Wednesday I was in bed, at my parents, again all day long with the sinus infection, Grant is at our house with the construction guys puking and going to the bathroom "with urgency", and then at 6pm my Mom said, "I don't feel so good." I muster enough energy to bathe and put the kids to bed with my Dad's help, Mom goes to bed, I go to bed. Nolan we thought was getting better and then we had to wash all his clothes twice. I get up at 1:30 to Mason puking on the floor. I hear Mom puking in her bathroom. I clean up all of Mason's puke, do laundry, get a bowl, put Mason back to bed, wake up again to Mason puking in the bowl at 3:00am, clean that up, go back to sleep and finally wake up to Mason smiling at me, eating popcorn from last night and saying, "Can I get up? I feel great!" R-E-A-L-L-Y. Luckily, I feel better. I am weak but I can at least move my head without pain and my teeth at almost normal. Grant appears on the mend and is going to leave supplies today on the porch without coming in just in case. Mom is in bed and the only one that hasn't got it yet is Dad. Time will tell. I guess as long as one of us is standing we will be okay, but I would really like to shower today. I look like hell. I think Grant summed it up best as we are spilt between two houses, have no kitchen (but apparently it is coming along nicely), and everyone being sick, with, "This sucks." I guess you could say that this was all a bad idea, which it probably was, and cancer won this battle, but I try and remember that the war between rock and water is always won by water not through strength, but through perseverance. Stay healthy, Ang

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The song is "Into Every Life A Little Rain Must Fall", not a typhoon or a monsoon or the Biblical flood that floated Noah's ark. God made Job's life miserable and I think you have a lot in common with Job. But then look on the bright side what would life be like without a few challenges. By the way Mason bouncing back quickly makes everything seem worthwhile. Take care of yourself and follow Mason's example. Love to all of you on the disabled list. pat&mag

Anonymous said...

Grant was right. This does seem pretty sucky. The same bug is starting to rear it's ugly head here in the sunny south too. I feel like I need to wear a raincoat to work/teach in. Kids at school are dropping like flies, but not before they lose control in one direction or the other (TMI, I know) I'm still So sorry you are all going through this...Hope you are all well and reunited soon.

PS I'm worried about your dad and your contractor. I think their numbers are up. I think my turn will come just as the weekend begins. Always a ray of sunshine, Jane