Thursday, October 9, 2014

Twenty years ago today....

Grant and I got married in front of all of our family and friends.  It was a great night full of hope, love and laughter.  We put our broken down furniture together, my Toyota Tercel, and his Ford Festiva (the only debt brought to the marriage) and we begun.  We rented a house clean and cheap for $600 a month in Issaquah.  Then Grant wanted to buy.  We bought.  I wanted kids.  He wanted to get his MBA. He graduated.  No kids.  In our eighth year of marriage, I told him that he could walk away no hard feelings because we could not have kids.  He said no and we both challenged our morals with invito.  So glad.  Something so perfect could not have not been in "the plan".  In year fourteen/fifteen, I seriously offered Grant to be able to break our vows again; move on or wonder if you know what I mean.  I had my reasons and they were out of love and suffering for him.  His response I will never forget.  "Yeah Ang, that may sound like a good idea to you now, but that just can't be a good plan."  Fast forward to year 20, today.  Today, we woke up after sleeping for 9 hours with the Hawaiian breeze going over us.  We are renting a Jeep and exploring Lanai for the first time.   Last night at dinner of only "adult" food, we were thinking back to our other anniversary adventures we have had and we laughed, finished each other's sentences, and gently smiled.  Happy Anniversary Grant.  I still choose you.  Love, Ang

3 comments:

Kari George said...

Have a magnificent anniversary you two! You are meant for each other...through the thick and the thin! You are both survivors!! Love you both! Enjoy...

Anonymous said...

Oh this makes me smile! Enjoy this time together! I wish I had the words to do justice of how I'm feeling.
I am so happy for you both!!!
Pollyann

Anonymous said...

Can't believe it has been twenty years. You are both very lucky to have each other. Congrats! Lizette