- Focus on eating more higher calorie foods with emphasis on protein.
- Include more dairy products including eggs (hard with the temperature issue, but okay)
- Include more things with sauces and gravies (make things easier to go down with mouth sores)
- Include more butter and oil (make things easier to go down)
- Sometimes you have to eat less of certain high fiber foods because of diarrhea and sore mouth. Remember, I have a butt tumor!
- Lots of fruits and vegetables
- Reduce sugar, alcohol, and salt (dehydration)
So, here is an idea especially for those who live close. If you are at the market and see a yummy piece of fruit, pick it up and put in on my porch. I will come to the door if I am up for it. Or a bag of salad or whatever.....thank you! Right now, I need to get to the couch.