Thursday, June 21, 2007

Dreaming is good.

Yesterday, I was talking with a friend on my back porch. I shared with her that I always wanted to go to the German Christmas Markets and, on a separate trip of course, eat white asparagus (German specialty) when it was in season. I actually made plans with her to go. This was beyond Kauai, beyond my treatment, beyond my cancer. I didn't forget that I had cancer, but I really felt that I was going to have life after cancer. Logically, I know that may not be, but for the moment, for the day, for the dream, it was real. Then, I went nuts and made plans with my aunt (and mom, but she doesn't know it yet) about going to the Kentucky Bourbon Festival. It may sound odd, but a mint julep sound mighty appealin' right now!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew those mint juleps would get to you....and don't worry about my knowing anything....just sign me up.