Thursday, July 5, 2007

Things I would have never known......

I used to let Mason watch a couple episodes of Curious George/Little Einsteins/Berenstain Bears in the morning and after his nap. Each episode was about 20 mins, so it wasn't A LOT, but enough. Then, depending on the day and time of day, we would go outside, play, or go on errands/the park whatever. I would get TONS done during that time with Nolan, email, wash, dishes, etc. and he loved it. I worked for both of us. What I didn't know is how much he actually "got it". Now, sometimes I am too tired to get tons done so I watch it with him while I am feeding Nolan or whatever. So, now I know that he knows ALL the characters on Curious George, all the hand motions on Little Einsteins, and all the cars on the Berenstain Bears. I always knew that people should read with their kids and monitor what they watched on TV. What I didn't think of was to WATCH it with him. I was happily amazed and it was REALLY CUTE! Now, I look forward to watching with him - it is actually really good stuff. AMAZING! Have a great weekend, I will - Ang

2 comments:

Jill said...

oh good! i thought you were going to conclude that baby einstein was bad and i was going to tell you to shut up! :)

Charlene Waymire said...

DVD is how Bailey learned to count to 10 in spanish, as well as a handful of other words. Thank you Dora! And just tonight she was reciting the intro to Wonder Pets. A show that I sat and watched for the first time because I am always listening to Curt sing this little jingle about the phone ringing because there is an animal in trouble. :)

Glad to hear you had a nice 4th and are feeling really good. Keep up the strength Wonder Woman!