Thursday, July 19, 2007

Camping!

Okay, so it is against my better judgement, but the plans were made months ago and I am too stubborn not to go. So, with restrictions in hand, we are going camping this weekend. Jane and I are hard at work getting ready so that I am not exhausted before we get there. It is easy car camping, but with two in diapers and one on bottles it is a bit of a trick! This is my good weekend. I go into chemo on Monday the 23rd and I should manage it better this time. I was emailing with a current patient and told him that I was trying not to use the anti nausea pills. His response was very nice, but it was like, "So, what are you saving them for - you next life????" Point made. So, I will be depending on those more next week and see if life is better. I am sure it will be! The ironic part about taking them is that they constipate me. What sort of a joke is that?!?!?!?! I should be okay. I will just take them with at stool softener chaser!!!! The next step is coming soon also. The week of the 30th, I go in for my CT scan and see what we do next. I am hopeful. On my good weeks, I am feeling better than I have in ages. I know that sounds crazy, but giving you a glimpse into life last May and my situation now without too many gross details, there is no more blood, I don't have to worry about taking extra underwear with me all the time, and I am no longer feeling anemic. See before, when I thought this was just hemorrhoids and having two kids - it was cancer and cancer sucks, but chemo (while sucky) gives me good weeks and that is all I can ask for. Some people have asked for more details on the symptoms that I experienced. If you are one of these people, please email or call me directly. I would be happy to share with you. I just can't do it on a public blog - I still have a couple boundaries left - lucky for most of you!!!! Have great weekend - love, Ang

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog since Ty told me about it - like many others I didn't know what to say. I agree with others - you should write a book or the very least a magazine article "Ang's Journey".

I have learned a lot about you, and my "little brother". Mason and Nolan are very lucky to have the two of you for parents.

Just wanted you to know that your Canadian family has you in their thoughts.

Lots of love from sister in law Marie +++++
Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing person Angie! I hope that you have a fantastic time camping this weekend!

A friend of mine just found out about your cancer through a mutual friend. I shared with her how you are doing and told her that if I ever have cancer I hope that I can approach it with the grace, dignity and resiliency that you do! You are inspiring!

Love to you all,
Kristine

Anonymous said...

Ang: My wife and I just finished reading your blog re your husband. As an experienced grandpa and grandma, we agree that the Lord gave you a real gift. That is rare, particularly these days, where selfishness is the norm in all of life, including marriage. I would like to meet this jewel of yours sometime. Also, we get the impression that your mom has been a huge help to you and your family. Give her a hug from us. She is a "giver", the type of person who always leaves the woodpile a little higher than she found it.
Blessings,
Eugene and Ruth

Anonymous said...

Angelaaaah!
Camping? You go girl! What an amazing woman. I'm so proud of you and your courageous self.

I was thinking of you the other day driving up from Columbian Way. Passed that little house on the left where the lady has all those beautiful dahlias in her yard for sale. You used to bring flowers to the office from her when we were in the old Broadway house. Remember?

Hope you have a great weekend, sweetie. Looking forward to reading your report. Hugs to you and Grant.
Miss Brenda

Anonymous said...

Among the life lessons you remind us of are the basic truths such as for every constipating medication there is a counterbalancig stool softener.Your camping trip sounds like the perfect psychic energizer have a good time and enjoy the world. Love to you and your family,
Pat & Mag

Bob said...

Ang - camping is possible. I even did it with "Silent Bob" a month ago. This is your chance to play the "cancer card" - if you are too tired to put up or take down the tent or do the cooking, pass it off to someone else in your party. I took the easy way out when I went and rented one of the platform tents at Dosewallips State Park - all the comforts of home, including electricity - because I didn't want the hassle of setting up the tent and then having take down and set it up again when I got home (still somehow my job, whether I have cancer or not).
Be sure to take the waterless hand cleaner and use it - your immune system is now officially compromised and you don't want to have to add antiobiotics to the witches brew that you already have to contend with. One more little "perk" that comes with cancer.

Say hello to the folks at the treatment center on Wednesday. I'm taking two weeks off from treatment to go on vacation - my first real break from chemo in over a year!

-fellow patient Bob

PS Enjoy the camping trip!