Friday, August 17, 2007

On my own...(not really, but kinda)

Jane left of Wednesday this week. I cried off and on Monday and Tuesday, but by Wednesday I got it together. I know that I can do this on my own with the help of all my family and friends. I guess it boils down to I didn't wanna. Jane and I had a great summer. She made me laugh all the time, sat with me when I cried, encouraged me when I needed it, and loved my kids as much as I do. How can anyone ask for any more? She really helped my family out too. See, not only did we have to get used to my new normal, but my Dad had knee replacement surgery in July. So, my main guy for Mason during chemo was down for a while. He is doing really well despite his, "This is taking too long! That is not what the paperwork said. Why don't they update their paperwork!" attitude. So, I think we will be able to do this, but I will miss Jane. She is coming to Kauai now too in March, so I guess it won't be too long before I see her again and we are planning a trip to North Carolina next summer (notice the attitude change.....I am planning next summer.....good sign). So, thank you Jane! You made one of the most challenging summers of my life, one of the best of my life. I love you and I will NEVER forget this - NEVER. Off to shower while Nolan is sleeping....love, me

4 comments:

Sarah S said...

Ang, you're never gonna be alone! You have an awesome family, group of friends (old and new), neighbors, co-workers (Grants and yours), parents/sisters/brothers of friends, bookclub, soccer, Canadians/Americans/Mexicans, the list is endless... You touch people in what ever you do! The tremendous response I've gotten for help with your calendar is proof. We've got your back Ang!!

Auntie Jane Hainsworth said...

Angie, I can't get the tears out of my eyes long enough to write this. Leaving was hard but I brought home a suitcase full of pixie dust, stars and the smell of little boys behind the ears. You gave me the gift of a lifetime this summer....being with you!

I reluctantly have to move to the back of the line (for now) of so many people who want and deserve the chance to help you. We all know, the secret with Angie is that you "always" get more than you give no matter what.

I met and grew to know so many wonderful people, your friends and family, this summer. I know they will take good care of you and the boys.

While sitting on the plane reading the beautiful letter from your mom, remembering the heart felt thank you's from your dad and Donna and Grant, looking at the scrapbook you made of the summer with my two little boys, all was right in my world.

Now I have to go get a tissue,do sit ups to get ready for Kauii, Plan "Angie Beach Rendevouz II" for North Carolina in June and read my IKEA catalog........:)
You know where I am. Call me and I'll be there. Love ya Sista, Jane

Anonymous said...

Yikes, I'm crying, too, and I haven't even met Jane yet. How wonderful that you'll be reuniting in Kauai and in NC next year (and you can bet that the Duncan/Clearys have marked our calendars for those trips, taggers on that we are!). Angie, not only are you coming out of this experience stronger than ever, but you've given all of us a gift: the knowledge that love, friendship and faith know no boundaries and can pull people together from all corners of the earth. That gift is reaffirming in a world that so often seems mired in misunderstanding and doubt. Thanks, amiga.

Anonymous said...

The comments from those who love you(and that includes all of us) must be stored away in that special
treausre chest of psychic nourishment which you will draw on in the future. Aunt Jane has a suitcase full of Pixie dust and you have that rarest of gifts, the affection and support of friends.
Heal on Angie, Heal on!! Pat&Mag