Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Strickly an update...

Some of you are starting to notice, email, and call, so here is an update. I am doing fine, not well, fine. Chemo last week sucked. I didn't get a good day in, I puked more than usual, and I the healing from my surgery slowed way down. On a good note, Grant went home to Toronto to see his Mom and family with Mason. Mason had a ball. I was here with Nolan and my Aunt Donna stayed with me again to help with just him. It was nice. We got in some good visiting since there was only one and she helped me do a couple cleaning projects I have needed to do for a while. While I am physically fine, I am weak, I feel like I want to puke all the time and I have to still sit in the bath tub three to four times a day to be sure that the surgery area stays cleans until I am completely healed. That being said, I will probably not heal completely until after chemo is over in December. Good thing I like my bathtub! In fact, I am writing from it right now. So, all of my energy goes into taking care of myself and my kids. I am helped every day of the week by my Mom and Karissa, so no worries there. As for my mental attitude, it is low, but I know it will pass. I am just allowing myself to feel it. I am not defeated. In this course of treatments, I have not had a good week I could depend on only good days. That frustrates me, but it will be over soon enough. If I can just get through the next two treatments without puking at the cancer center, in my girlfriend's cars, and in front of my children, I will consider it a success. I am okay - please allow me to feel this - it will pass. Love, me

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grant just e-mailed about the trip to Toronto he and Mason took. Mason sounds like he was a man about town, riding street cars and having an intuitive understanding of the hot-dog cart. I'm sure Grandma Hainsworth was blissful to see both "boys".

I'm so glad Donna and Nolan were helping you this week. Donna is one special person. You too! Peace Out Girl. See you soon. Love Jane

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice journey for Grant and Mason. Also a nice respite for you. Winston Churchill said during the darkest days of the London blitz: "we shall endure, we shall perservere and this too will pass". Like Chrchill said Angela this too will pass.
God Bless you and love you.
pat&mag

Anonymous said...

"It doesn't matter how slow you go, as long as you don't stop!"
-- CONFUCIUS

Thinking of you and behind you all the way...it sounds like I don't want to be in front of you right now.

Love & Laughter,
Annemarie

Unknown said...

Continuing on the Winston Churchill theme.. "If you're going through Hell, keep going."

I'm hoping you get to the other side of Hell soon.

Allison

Anonymous said...

okay, so not to pick on small details but . . . you wrote that in your tub?! have you never heard of electrocution?!? I mean I realize that you have cancer and SOME risk taking behavior is to be expected, but blogging from your bathtub is really too much.

Hmm . . . however, "Blogging from my bathtub" would be a great title for a song.