Sunday, September 14, 2008

Doing better and quite well...

Well, Saturday morning I woke up and, while I didn't feel perfect, I felt better. I ate breakfast, lunch, AND dinner and motored around (with breaks) pretty well. I didn't look so good, but it is amazing was people forgive you for when you have cancer. Okay, so something I must share. One of the highlights of my weekend was actually one of the highlights of my year. I got to see a friend of mine - pregnant with twins. She doesn't live in the same city and I didn't think I would see her before she had her bundles of joy, but by strange fate, it worked about and she was here - huge, beautiful, and glorious. The reason she and I are bonded is because of mutual friends, but more for our journeys with infertility. She went down a much harder road than I did. Longer, more disappointing, and horrible, BUT she has perfect little babies in her belly now. I remember her and I sitting in my back yard when I was first diagnosed and she told me she didn't know how much more she could take. Knowing her struggle, fight, and what seemed to be losing battle, I looked at her with Nolan (four months old at the time)on my lap and said, "Oh no, you can't quit now. Not yet. I don't know what has happened to me, but I see you pregnant. You will be pregnant. Please don't quit yet." She had to listen me - I had cancer and a four month old on my lap - seriously - you can't not listen to me! I didn't hear much from her after that because life is busy, we don't live close, and apparently, she was busy......getting herself pregnant. She called me with the news early this year. What she doesn't know is that it was a particularly hard day for me. She turned it all around. The pregnancy was going well. I cried. I cried and I cried. I was so happy, but scared something might go wrong, but happy to have that moment of perfect. Her pregnancy has been blissful. Yeah, she is still pregnant, but no problems. She looks and beams the most beautiful light. I am blessed to have seen her yesterday. There is nothing more beautiful. The babies will come to us around the 25th of September - a boy and a girl. Perfect. Have a great weekend, Ang

No comments: