Monday, November 14, 2016

All in fair play....

I may have been too hard on Grant about the bathroom......so I will tell you my secret.....so in our cash flow crunch, I have reduced all our spending to necessities....food and gas.  Everything else has to be approved.  Now, I we are not destitute, but haircuts are spaced further out, no candles, make up, etc.  Toys are OUT OF THE QUESTION, etc.  But, there could be a problem in my freezer....  Grant and I have been through these cash flow problems before.  He actually likes it, not from the stand point that he looks forward to it, but that I cook EVERY meal, we stay in a lot.  Life is just simpler.  So, I came home from Fred Meyer and said, "Do we have enough bacon?"  His reply, "Oh, yeah, like until forever."  "Good it was on sale and I was tempted, but I did not get any."  Grant:  "Don't we need to eat what is in there?!?!  Isn't that the point to eat the stash when you do not have money?"  So, I organized the freezer today.  Yeah, wow, bacon until March.  More pork than I remember, mystery steak?, so many turkey kielbasas really so many, and four chickens - but they were on sale (it all was on sale), homemade broth, mystery fruit I am now making into mystery jam, and squash and pesto forever......I may have a problem, but we will have food on the table......a lot of squash I am thinking.....

Happy Monday,

Ang

No comments: