Monday, March 5, 2012

Ways to help....

Here it is...the post where I am humbled down to my core.  I have spent the last week cooking and loading up my freezer.  It is STUFFED and while I would like to believe that I can do this all myself, my experience is that I cannot.  My temperature sensitivity, adversity to food, and my fatigue will get the best of me.  I can't possibly deal with all of it and feed my family all the time.  I have also spent the last week, informing people, seeing if my trained volunteers have the time (and courage) to do what they have done before.  My parents will take the boys, my aunt will fill in, possibly a sleepover in the summer at Karissa's.  Elaine and Karissa will fearlessly drive me to treatment and de access.  These are not easy jobs.  My parents are their parents for four days every other week.  Elaine is my friend until I reach out and she holds my hand through the tough parts and Karissa always has a barf bag on hand on my worst days.  These are to jobs for the weary.  I have three teams of cleaners that rotate months.  They are all trained.  They know where everything is, and I realized when I am out of treatment they bring replacement items.  They all signed up again for this bad sitcom that just won't stop running.  I wish I could equate it to M*A*S*H - sad topic, brutally funny, pretty dysfunctional, and one of my favorite shows of all time.  I can't say the Angie Show is my favorite.  So, now, I humble myself again and ask for prepared meals during this time.  Again, while I would love to think that I could do it all - I can't.  My family has come to enjoy food and the visits as life very much slows down for us.  Thank you, in advance, for anything you can do.  


What I am looking for is:


Meals two times a week.  I find that my frig can handle that and between what is left of other meals, I can fill in the rest.  My freezer is for the off occasion that we need a meal or my family yearns for my food.  The days Mondays, Wednesday one week and Thursday Saturday on the next.  Many people who have Mondays deliver on Sunday.  I am flexible - I am getting free food for goodness sake!  If you would like to help with this, please contact Sarah Szczepanski at sarah_09@comcast.net or 253-520-0373.  (Yes, Laura and Sherry, you are already on the list!)

Meals for my freezer fund.  As my treatment period goes on, my freezer does deplete.  I usually fill it with Designed Dinners or something like that twice in a 9 month period (my average for chemo treatment).  Some people have also brought freezer meal for me also.  This is greatly appreciated.  If you would like to donate to that, please contact Sarah Szczepanski at sarah_09@comcast.net or 253-520-0373.


Occasionally, I need a driver or babysitter.  If you would like to be on that list, let me Sarah know (sarah_09@comcast.net or 253-520-0373) and I will call you directly.  I don't usually need this so it would be a vacation coverage or something like that.  I am a VERY VERY LUCKY GIRL.


Okay, that is it.  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.  No one truly knows how grateful I am until it  happens to them and I am NEVER want this to happen to them.


Love, Ang

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am always honored and greatful that you can ask for help!

Anonymous said...

Ay amiga:

Si yo pudiera te ayudaba, en cualquier cosa, pero desde aquí me es imposible, pero tu sabes que te quiero mucho, que siempre estoy pensando en ti y deseando que te mejores pronto.
Cuidate mucho amiga !!

Tu amiga: Norma

Anonymous said...

Hi Ang, I wish I could contribute in some way, but as you know the food would spoil and the drives would be very wet with the Pacific Ocean interfering. The prayers are a given and they will continue on a daily basis. Know that we are with you every step of the way and hold you up to a successful recovery. I know that Sharon and Keith will be doing the parent thing as they do so well and the rest of your support group are always there to do whatever you need. We are sending warm breezes and fragrant flowers your way, until you come again. Hugs, Judi