Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tonight

Tonight we had dinner at my parents to celebrate Father's Day. My parents live on a good size property especially for the Seattle Area - the house sits on the hill and their pasture goes down to the street. My favorite time of day there is just before the sun goes over the next hill. The house glows with afternoon light as the sun comes through the trees. It is just beautiful. Around that time, I could not see or hear Mason, so I went to look for him. I went where I would be and I found him in the pasture at the top of the hill looking at the trees the way I do. I just watched him for a few seconds. When he saw me he smiled and said, "Mommy, you play with me?" The timing wasn't great, but I couldn't resist and said, "Yes, baby, I will." He rolled down the hill and ran to the trees that filter the sunlight in the summer. He looked back up at the house and said, "My ball is so far away. So is Grandma and Grandpa's house!" We climbed a tree, or should I say, he did and I spotted him. Then, when I was time to go back, he didn't want to climb the hill, so I dared him to run. "You run with me?" he asked smiling up at me. I looked down at his amazing little face, "GO!" And we ran all the way back. Enjoy your week, Ang

No comments: