Sunday, January 31, 2016

Who did I piss off?

Since my last post, it has been a bit of a nightmare.  It ended well (so for those of you that chastise me....it ended well...lol). 

Last Sunday during the Broncos game Nolan got a fever and he was complaining of back knee pain.  I let is go for most of the day watching his fever, but got a scare from a long time ago about hamstring pain and fever.  CANCER.  The weekend clinic was open until 3:30.  It was 2:50.  Grant, you can lift him.  Here are is medical cards....go.  I finished the game with Mason.  We finished in the street with all the Bronco fans in the neighborhood and then Nolan and Grant came home.  Sprain on the knee.  Fever, well, a fever.  WHEW.  Monday, both kids were home.  Mason was totally congested, Nolan knee and fever.  We watched the STAR WARS and the boys were like, "Why do they always jump when they die?!?!"  "Boys, it was 1977.  Those WERE the special effects!"  Tuesday, Mason goes to school.  Nolan still down for the count and sleeping with me so I can ice pack him down from 103 to 102.5.  Wednesday, no school.  Nolan's fever breaks on the 36th hour at 102.5 but Grandma is now sick and we can't do their mail (or go down to play x-box).  Thursday, everyone is back to school, but contractors need me for countertops.  I miss Bible Study.  I am not good when I miss Bible Study.  (FYI - my contractors said, "Please go on your Monday walk."  Translation, "We will take care of Nolan and Mason.  You are a freak show when you do not get your exercise and no one needs that.")  Yes, my contractors now care for my children and they are probably better at it!!!  I think the same will soon happen with Bible Study.  I understand this is NOT a compliment, but I do want to let you know that is just how good my contractors are......  Friday is pretty normal.  PTA, life, my papa (calling me at all the wrong times - but at least he is calling me and believing me), and my body.  I say my body because it is "handling" all this.  I get up, get my kids to school, answer contractor questions, go to the grocery store for the one item I am missing for my camping meal, pick up the kids, try and keep my PTA, Council PTA, my family and my extended family happy, but it does not always work.  I think this is normal life, but I am conflicted to believe it.

Grant and I took the boys to our favorite local restaurant this weekend.  Everyone had a great time EXCEPT for Nolan.  He claims he was tired and needed to go to sleep.  He just wanted pasta.  GREAT!  It is an Italian restaurant!  It went on and on, but the cru de gra was on the way home he said (no lie), "There are a lot of things that have happened to me that I just keep to myself because they were hard."  I was like, "So, is this like not wanting to be in a restaurant so bad that you put your head on the table and said you needed to go to sleep?!?!"  "Oh no, that was different." he said.  I said, "Well, suck it up next time we spend $100 on dinner and I will believe you...."

Yes, I am a horrible parent, but seriously?!?!?!  Yes, I should probe into those statements, but it you know me, I ALREADY did.  Nolan is my challenge and most days I look at the sky and say, "Pregnant (which I would have never compromised him), terminal cancer (which doctors would have wanted to take him early or terminated him), and terminal cancer AND him.  SERIOUSLY.

They say that God doesn't give you more than you can handle.  I plan to argue that VERY SERIOUSLY one day.  Good news....today is not the day.

Happy week, Ang

No comments: