Monday, September 17, 2007

Chemo Day

Well, I am furiously packing up the boys and making sure everything is in order. I am telling Mason what is happening over the next few days and he is excited to start preschool tomorrow. He has decided that Gampa should take him and I told him it was better if Gamma did. He is great with the transition as long as we pack the hooded frog towel for after bath (thank you Pete and Jo!) and he is looking forward to being with my parents and Auntie Donna this week. Apparently, 10 days with Mom and Dad is enough for him! So, all in all, this is a good morning with happy kids and a general routine. I will miss seeing Mason's first day of preschool, but knowing my Mom she will tell me every detail of the day and I will be fine. Notice I didn't say Mason will be fine...I know he will. Since I was there on Friday dropping off all of his paperwork, tuition, earthquake kits message, photos for his placemat, etc. etc. etc., I am pretty comfortable that everything is in order. (Yeah, my Christmas Cards are already hand made and stamped. Those were done before Nolan was born, but we won't go into that!) Have a great week. I hope too and look forward to Thursday already. Love, Ang

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have already done your Christmas cards? Each year I have every intention of sending Christmas cards but Dec. 26th finds them still waiting to be addressded. I have re-paved the road to hell with my good intentions. I re-read your June 11th blog about your 1st chemo treatment, what a wonderful positive difference now. I know you would rather have mastered another task beside taking chemo treatments but remember "This too shall pass". Love to you and all those you love, pat&mag.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ang-
Mason is such a big boy now..Preschool. Where did the time go? I remember when Nik started Preschool and now he is a Senior in H.S. I know you relish every moment with the boys, so I won't preach to the choir. The entry you wrote about snuggling in bed made me think that it really does not get any better than that! Also, your mention of the earthquake kit made me hungry. There are lot's of good things that go into those ziplock baggies :0)(must be 10lbs of food in there)
Just a note to say you are loved and I know this last chemo will usher in a new beginning, and good things to follow. Hugs and kisses- Krista

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know that your blog is a total blessing to me and my wife, Ruth. Don't comment very often but, I want you to know that I have had some serious talks to Jesus about you. He's been a close friend of mine for quite a few years now, and I know what he is like. He has a way of giving compassion and hope like no other one who has ever walked this planet. Just want you to know that you are loved in a very big way, by Him and by us also. :)
Eugene A.

Jennifer Burkhardt said...

I can't believe you had handmade Christmas cards done before Nolan was born!! I am so envious of your organization and dedication!! I have said it before (and will certainly say it again)...I admire you. Blessings to you and your family (especially Big Boy Mason--off to School!)....

Love, Jennifer Burkhardt